SERVING LOS ANGELES : (310)-868-6558 SAN FERNANDO VALLEY : (818)809-9090 EMERGENCY 24/7: (800) 921-7775
Most water damage is the result of some kind of plumbing failure. Olympic Home Remodeling offers professional water mitigation and Los Angeles restoration services, which aim to limit the long-term damage caused by a water related disaster within your home. Water damage is progressive, meaning products may well become permanently damaged if emergency response is delayed past the very first 48 hours following a disaster. Here are some things to keep in mind from an expert Los Angeles Restoration Company.
In the event of flood damage, do the following:
- Stay calm! Call Olympic Home Remodeling, for water damage restoration in Los Angeles at (800) 921-7775.
- Make certain the water source is turned off, as this will help to contain the radius of the water damage.
- Turn off the breaker during the evaluation of damaged area, before you unplug or eliminate any electrical devices located on a wet carpet.
- Look for aluminum foil coverings under the legs of any furniture that is in contact with wet carpet. Find a way to elevate the foil bottoms as to avoid staining.
- Lift draperies up and away from wet carpet.
- Secure upholstered furniture skirts so that they do not touch the wet surface or carpet.
- Get rid of books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, as well as other items which may well stain wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Don’t use your regular home use vacuum, due to the fact electrical shock may result, as well as particular damage to the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspapers on the floor as they will transfer ink to your wet carpet fibers and may cause permanent staining due to the pigments in newspaper.
- Don’t walk on carpet if possible. This will limit the damage, and will help to contain the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.
Even though you might feel the need to use a shop vacuum or call a business that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should take into account that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate via floor coverings into areas beneath the floors, even can potentially cause damage to the rooms below. This is exactly why the know how of Los Angeles Restoration Company -Olympic Home Remodeling should be your first choice for water damage restoration.
In addition, if humidity inside the structure isn’t controlled, solutions that were not damaged within the original flood damage could be damaged due to absorbing moisture inside air. Structures that are not dried out very easily and properly can turn into a foods source for mold growth which may perhaps require professional mold removal.
Los Angeles Water Damage Experts
Our Flood & Water Damage Restoration Professionals are trained on modern day procedures, such as Rapid Structural Drying, to dry your entire structure as effortlessly as possible, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Moisture meters are employed to find moisture that may not be visible or might be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Water Damage Restoration Assistance Professionals can make sure that all wet materials are dry. Because we realize how crucial it is to react easily from the unfortunate event of water damage, smoke damage, or fire damage, you’ll be able to rely on Olympic Home Remodeling to offer emergency response and quick professional program 24-hours a day.